Thursday, 1 April 2010

Folksy Friday - and so to bed.

Perhaps the earliest Folksy Friday entry ever? It's 5.30am and the lad has been mucking about all night and refusing to sleep properly. He's just gone back in his bed again and I now can't sleep, so on with the show. hence the theme this week is 'Bedtime'. Oh sleep, how I miss you. Oh lovely bed, when will we be friends again?

Over to the items:

1. Is there anything more pleasurable than getting into a freezing cold bed and poking a hot water bottle with your toe? (Well, there probably is, but I'm buggered if I can remember it. I'm sure one day I'll be able to fantasize about something other than having a lovely snooze or getting into bed. Bloody babies). I digress. Came across this hot water bottle cover and like the psychedelic tree and bird. It reminds me of The Folk of the Faraway Tree (bonkers Enid Blyton book featuring comically named children and a woman called Dame Slap), which can only be a good thng.

BUY HERE

2. Patchwork quilts. My mum used to make these and they take a lot of patience. I've picked 2 to feature.

I love the idea of making one/having one made using your child's old baby clothes, but I'm not sure that that would work with boys clothes as most of it seems to be stretchy fabric. If you have a girl though, this looks lovely and I really like the quirky design. Plus the shop is called Fat Hen & Flo - best name for a shop ever ever:

BUY HERE

And I just like this one because the colours are so happy and have been put together so well. There's lots of really nice things for children in this shop, all made in an equally distinctive style.

BUY HERE

This shop has no sales, but HELLO item that promises to get Rory off to sleep. He's practically hosed down in lavender oil every night anyway and smells like a granny as a result and still doesn't sleep, but I'd still be willing to give this a go. I like handmade cosmetics and things like that too - so many nasty chemicals in commercially produced stuff.

BUY HERE

Last but not least, how cute are these Fairy Godmother comfort dolls? I really like this idea and can imagine a little one snuggling it at night and feeling safe, or taking it to school in their book bag. Perhaps best for girls only though as equally I can imagine a fairy godmother being punted across the school field to shouts of "GOAL" if given to a boy. I love this idea and if any of my friends actually had little girls of the right age, I'd definitely be sending these as birthday presents.

BUY HERE


That's all for today. Must crack on before destructochild decides it's getting up time.

14 comments:

Blue Button said...

I was talking about the faraway tree the other day. Childhood memories.

Leanne said...

Oh the Faraway Tree, that takes me back. I love the patchwork quilts, they're beautiful.

Red Bird Jewellery said...

Love the fairy godmothers - brilliant idea for gifts. Love these sleepy picks - thank you!!

Mrs Mac said...

I love the hot water bottle cover.

hotdogandme said...

I feel ever so sleepy now, yawnnnnnnn

odd.sox said...

What a lot of work has gone into that gorgeous quilt. ...want to go back to bed now!

Gnomead said...

Gorgeous finds! Hope you get some more sleep soon xx

Sketchstitch said...

Beautiful group, love the fairy godmother comfort dolls

FairlyGirly said...

A lovely selection, I love the hot watter bottle cover.

Dannie said...

Those quilts are gorgeous!

Cakes Knits and Cosies said...

I'm desperate to try quilting - those quilts are gorgeous. xx

Adien Crafts said...

Georgeous quilts, love quilting but am too impatient and end up with cushion covers! Di x

Quincifer said...

Great items... although it's making me want to go back to bed now.....

Sue, Lynwoodcrafts said...

Lovely selection - I really like patchwork!